Monday, August 1, 2011

A few updates...

Some people had been wanting to see what my garden looked like now. So here is an updated picture:

The cucumber is growing so fast, I took this picture yesterday and today I had to pull it off my lantern because it was starting to grow onto that.

 Also, this year has apparantly been a good year for blueberries. We've gotten 4 pounds from our CSA so far. I have no idea what to do with 4 pounds of blueberries. So I'm going to make jam. Blueberry jam. Just as soon as all the canning equipment I bought gets here. These blueberries are to DIE for! I never really have liked just plain blueberries when you buy them in the store, but these are amazingly sweet and delicious.

I also have about 10-15 cucumbers from our garden. I'm going to try my hand at pickles. And we have lots of peaches, so I'm thinking of doing someting with those. I don't know if I have enough to can, but maybe just make some peach pie filling to freeze and enjoy during the winter at some point.

And last but not least, look at this spider web I saw on my way out the door to go to work today! Crazy! By the time I came home it had been destroyed. I think if I was a spider I would get really tired of people constantly destroying my house.

I can't believe it is August already. The summer has flown by! Last weekend we had 6 friends at our house for a college reunion, and next weekend it's home to see my parents. Summer will be over before I know it. Time to enjoy every last day:)

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Wow wee the garden!!!! It looks great! The spider web is on your house? Good things spiders have almost no memory otherwise it would be pretty disheartening! I can't believe it is August already either!