Saturday, January 14, 2012

Quilting...

I've been wanting to teach myself how to quilt. I got a walking foot for Christmas and everything. Well, I'm going to do it. First I'm going to make a little quilted lunch box for myself from my One Yard Wonders book. Just to get the basics. Then, I'm going to make a quilt. A great big one. I may have bitten off more than I could chew, but I bought the fabric today, so it is going to happen. Plain and simple. Because you do not go to Sew to Speak and spend $80 on fabric and then not make a quilt.

Yikes.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Oh my gosh! Did you know that I took a quilting class once upon a time? I had a quilting book too. This would have been after Augusta was born. I got the quilt top made, but never quilted it. I was going to try and quilt it by hand....I think that is how I got the idea to make stockings for you and Gusta, that was later though! Can't wait to see the fabric.

AE said...

Lol, I agree, you have to make it now!!