Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nebraska Bound!

Hey there everyone. Sorry to have been so quiet for so long. I've been thinking that I should update this, but every time I sit down to do it, I don't know what to say.

It's been an exciting few weeks. I had surgery last week, which you all know about. That was obviously very good news and Charlie and I are both very excited and hopeful for the future. We also found out last week that we would most likely be moving to North Platte, NE.

It's funny how things work out. Before we started interviewing for jobs, Charlie and I sat down and talked about what was important to both of us in finding a match. We both wanted to be closer to our families if possible, we both wanted a community that we felt we could really be a part of, and I really wanted to have a place where I could dictate my own scope of practice and would be busy but also have the flexibility I would need when and if we did have a family.

Most of the jobs we looked at were in the north east. With the exception of the job in Nebraska, and one in Michigan. Every job I looked at there was a major red flag. Or it just didn't feel right. I remember when Dr. Shreck said he wanted to set a date for us to go out there and see his practice, I said to Charlie, "Do we really want to do this? Use the vacation time and go out there? Are we wasting our time and theirs?" But we decided to do it. And I'm glad we did.

I said to Mom, after I told her about our decision - sometimes I think that God opens doors for us, but it is up to us to see the opportunity and not be too afraid or timid to take advantage of it. It really felt like God was giving us 1,000,000 signs and all of them pointed to Nebraska.

When we made the decision I immediately felt anxious and jerky about it. But then I took a deep breath and said a little prayer. God's path for us is not always the easy one. It is not always the one that seems to make the most sense on the surface. But if we are quiet and we listen and pay attention, I think that he reveals it to us. I'm just glad I was paying attention.

On another note, we have sung this song a few times in church. I really like it, but today it outright made me cry. I don't know why, but thought I would share it with you. The lyrics are on the video.


1 comment:

Tammie said...

I have heard this song many times with my sisters at the Beth Moore events. Never was it more powerful than in Pittsburg, a few weeks before Binky died. She stood to sing this song even though it was very painful for her. You have come through a death and rebirth of your own in these past few years, new wonderful things on the horizon for you, and God is with you every step of the way!