Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One Month

Well, we've been here for one month now. It's hard to believe. In some ways it feels like it went fast, and in others it feels as though we've been here for a lot longer.

The practice is going well. I'm beginning to get paid, which is always a good thing:) The OR has been challenging, but I think that I'm doing OK and will end up on top. It's a very anxiety provoking thing to be the one in charge of someone's visual future. They are putting immense trust in me and I don't want to take that lightly ever. But to be less nervous before I go to the OR would also be OK.

We started out to paint 4 rooms. Two of them are now done, which is great. But this house is so BIG! I mean BIG! It takes twice as long to do anything it seems. So we have to put one more coat of paint on the entryway, which, we were all like, "Oh, it's an entryway and hallway, how bad can it be?!" and now we're all like, "Holy crap this is a big entryway." And then paint our bedroom. Then we are going to take a painting break before we lose our senses.

Our furniture is coming today! Yay for not lying on the floor to watch TV anymore!!! I'm very excited about that. Then we can start hanging pictures and making it feel more like home. Turning a house into a home is hard work, but I think we're getting there.

I'll try to post pictures once our furniture is in, FINALLY!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Hooray! I can't believe it has been a whole month! I can't wait to see your pictures. As I have said before, I always have you in prayer, but will be praying for you to be less nervous in the OR. Can't wait to see your house in about a month.