Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Fall Capsule So Far...

So... we are two days in and I've already made some interesting discoveries. Of course, my capsule started on what is, perhaps, the hottest week of the whole summer. It was a high of 101* today. Yowza. And though I incorporated a few warm weather items in my fall capsule, I was not really prepared for THAT. In the future, I may have to start the fall capsule on September 15th, or perhaps even October 1. I forget how hot September can be. But by the end of the month is is solidly fall, usually. It's that shoulder month.

I also realized that I have no brown flats. Which is problematic since I have two brown pairs of dress pants (of 4) in my capsule. My brown Toms are nice, but have seen better days. And the brown houndstooth Toms with the houndstooth brown pants is a little too much houndstooth I think.

I know that I said once the capsule started you were not allowed to change anything. But I don't think I have much of a choice. It has become readily apparent that I am not very good with this... haha:)

So, without further ado, I will present to you, my fall capsule, as it currently stands (and hopefully will continue to stand until December 1).

Casual Bottoms (7)

  • Miracle Body skinny jeans from D.Diff
  • Black skinny jeans
  • Miracle Body black leggings from D.Diff
  • Navy blue chinos from Banana Republic
  • Miracle Body ankle length jeans from D.Diff
  • Jag jean shorts from D.Diff
  • Jag bermuda shorts from D.Diff
Dress Pants (3)
  • brown houndstooth
  • dark gray plaid
  • tan wool
Dresses (2)
  • navy dress from Stitch Fix
  • Black dress from Augusta
Casual Sweaters (3)
  • Black and Red Nic & Zoe sweater from D.Diff
  • Long red and blue Cabi sweater
  • Navy Blue Cabi sweater
Shirts (9)
  • Green polka dot t-shirt from D.Diff
  • Black polka dot t-shirt from D.Diff
  • Gray long sleeved t-shirt from D.Diff
  • White short sleeved t-shirt from Banana Republic
  • White 3/4 sleeved t-shirt from D.Diff
  • Blue & white striped shirt from Stitch Fix
  • Navy, orange and white striped shirt from Ann Taylor
  • Chambray shirt by Lucky from D.Diff
  • White tank top
Work tops (6)
  • Purple cardigan from Banana Republic
  • Gray and silver houndstooth sweater from Banana Republic
  • Gray Nic & Zoe Sweater with mint green t-shirt from D.Diff
  • Gray cardigan from D.Diff
  • Tan & white striped longer sweater from D.Diff
  • Orange Nic & Zoe shirt
Shoes (7)
  • black Puma flats
  • brown Corso Como flats from D.Diff
  • Brown Toms
  • Toms boots
  • tall black boots
  • Snake skin wedges
  • Black Sperrys
Outerwear (4)
  • Orange puffy vest from Lands End
  • Brown trench coat from Eddie Bauer
  • Black toggle coat
  • North Face fleece
That is slightly different than my original plan, but includes 41 items. This does not include Ohio State or Nebraska t-shirts, which will obviously need to be worn on game days, etc... :)

We'll see how I do. This has been hard and it is only the second day... I'm going to try to take some pictures of the different outfits so you can see how I try to pair the different pieces together.

No comments: