Friday, August 17, 2012

Bow Down

This has to be really quick because it's late and I'm leaving for Michigan tomorrow for another job interview. But this is a song from Xavier Rudd's new album, and I think it is amazing. The video is a little weird, but listen to the lyrics. Love.




I sit here now 2010 government still stealing landMaking lame excuses for their greed while thatoil spills into the seaAnd the Whalers now still killing whales and oldgrowth bush still being rapedAnd I know we all have busy lives but sing alongif you have the time
Bow Down to your Godbut don’t forget about the earthplace your hand on a treeWho’s helping you breatheGive thanks to the sunwhen you open your lungsThrow your buts in the binhelp the old turtles swim
Selling tourism on sacred land while the localmob sits on their handsif what I’m speaking here makes any sense openup my friend and jump the fence
Bow Down to your Godbut don’t forget about the earthplace your hand on a treeWho’s helping you breatheGive thanks to the sunwhen you open your lungsThrow your buts in the binhelp the old turtles swimFreedom for all

A little hippy, but I love it right now:)

2 comments:

Tammie said...

I haven't heard anything like this since I was in college....:).

AE said...

I love it! I've got to get this on my iPhone. :)