Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year's Resolutions

I'm not a huge fan of New Year's resolutions. In general I think that they are usually made in good faith, but most of us give up on them pretty soon after the New Year. It's because real change is hard to make. We are such creatures of habit. But I do usually take some time after the New Year to look at my life and think about where my priorities lie, and what kinds of things I would like to change to try to more closely live the life I'd like to live.

So in the spirit of re-evaluating, here are the things that I'd like to focus on this year.

First, I want to read more. I really do love to read. I always have, since I was a little girl. But I end up spending a lot of time in front of the TV on Facebook or something similar. It's not that I don't have time to read per se, but I take time that I could have to read and then waste it on other things. Like Facebook. There is nothing wrong with Facebook, and I'm not giving it up, but I don't need to be on it all. the. time.

Second - continue to simplify my life. We started cleaning things out, but got stalled after the clothes were done. Life just sort of got in the way. I don't think we've moved backwards, but we need to keep moving forwards. So I want to take some time to continue to purge things and simplify my daily life and reduce clutter. So much of the "crazy" the I feel is due to the unmanageability of my life. I come home and there is crap everywhere. Max is always going to make a huge mess. That seems to be his main goal in life. But I don't need to have my crap lying around for weeks on end to add to the clutter.

I think that's it. No need to overcomplicate things :)

And in regards to my last post. I haven't fallen off the capsule wardrobe bandwagon. But I had lost a bunch of weight and then got pregnant, so I think a true capsule wardrobe is on hold until after this second baby comes and I can get back in shape, which could be awhile, lol.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Love your observations, you do like to read, I remember that from when you were a little girl. I have that stack of books to read that I have had since August..... Glad to see you posting some things again.