Saturday, July 16, 2016

Capsule in Action

So now that Theodore is here, and my belly has shrunk enough to fit into some of my transitional clothes, my capsule is in full swing. This is going to be a challenging few months. Because July I will mostly be lounging around the house. August will be a bit more going to work, and by September I'll be back at work probably 3/4 time. I have to have a good mix of several different things. Also, since I'm breastfeeding, I am liable to get breastmilk in anything/everything. So things may need to be washed more frequently.

I'm up to 40 items now. I added another pair of shorts and another pair of sandals. I'm going to try really hard not to add any more items. But looking at what I have, I am mildly concerned that I may not have enough stuff that can mix-and-match. Too many different patterns and things like that. BUT, we'll see how it goes. If I find that a piece will only work with 1-2 different things, then I may need to trade it out for something else more versatile, even if I really do love it. We'll see.

I'm mostly worried that I may not have enough lounging-around-the-house stuff. And not enough workout clothes for when I start working out again, probably next month sometime.

It is a process. And I think in the beginning I may have larger capsule wardrobes, and then as time goes on hopefully I will get better at it and it will continue to pare down. It is more about commiting to the idea behind the capsule, and working to get there. Does not necessarily mean I have to be perfect from day 1...

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Amen about not being perfect, from day 1 or actually, onwards. I love reading your posts because I get to hear how you are thinking. :)