Friday, September 9, 2016

Capsule Thoughts and Fall Wardrobe

So, my first 3 month capsule wardrobe is coming to an end. I have managed to stick to it for the most part, though I did take some liberty in the lounging-around-the-house clothes. One thing I noticed was that I did not think about nursing or pumping when I decided on work clothes. Most of what I chose is not very nursing/pumping friendly, which I will need to consider in the fall. I also think that I'm going to remove athletic clothes from the capsule. It's too difficult for now. So my capsule will just be clothes that I wear out of the house. I'll try to incorporate other things later.

One complaint so far about the capusle app I've been using - they must be in California or something. Because they did not give me nearly enough sweaters for the fall. One sweater is not going to cut it, lol.

So, I've been working on the fall capsule. Will technically run October through December, but may end up being end of September through early December, just depending on the weather.

Shirts - Ohio State shirt (a must for football season), salmon button up from Stitch Fix, black and white top from D. Diff, coral Nic & Zoe shirt from D. Diff, Lucky chambray shirt from D. Diff, black Rumina nursing tank, black shirt from Encircled, gray turtle neck from D. Diff

Pants - My gray dressy sweat pants from Encircled, yoga pants, black ribbon pants from D. Diff, black and brown ankle pants by Nic & Zoe, black skinny corduroys, medium wash skinny jeans, maroon pants from Stitch Fix

Top Layer - black blazer from D. Diff, Nebraska cardigan, black open front cardigan from Banana Republic, brown Nic & Zoe open front cardigan, cream Banana Republic cardigan, black Nic & Zoe sweater, navy blue cable knit sweater, Ocean Park sweatshirt, Patagonia sweatshirt

Dresses - navy and white Stitch Fix dress, Navy floral print Stitch Fix dress

Skirts - leopard print pencil skirt from Banana Republic

Shoes - black Toms ankle boots, brown riding boots, nude flats, black Tieks, brown houndstooth Toms

Coats - black Toggle coat, gray Patagonia coat, brown Eddie Bauer jacket, black Patagonia fleece

I fully expect to need a few more items in most categories. But I'm going to start with this. Then I can see where I'm wanting/needing more. And add as I go.

I'm trying to keep my final goal and motivation in mind so that I don't get too hung up in the process. And I'm trying not to worry about not wearing or using things that I've spent good money on. There were several things that I included in my summer capsule that I never wore. And I didn't want to wear. But I had included them bc they were newer or because I had spent good money on them. But then there were other things I wished I had. So I'm trying to do a better job of really looking at what I'm actually going to wear this fall. We'll see. Here's to hoping its better than my summer capsule :-)



No comments: